Friday 29 February 2008

Of Black Triangles and Earthquakes

More from the WardBunny news network.
There was a comment on Pink News from last February about how we should take pride in our history. And why shouldn't we? Every other culture and group does. So I'm taking the time to enjoy LGBT history month! (LGBT - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transsexual - just in case you didn't know) So as part of my fact finding here's the meaning of Black Triangles.
The lesbian equivalent of the pink triangle used by the Nazis to identify the 'asocial' inmates, which may or may not have been used in the concentration camps. What I have noticed is that over time lesbians often were missed when men were being persecuted for sodomy and overt homosexual behaviour. Maybe the close female relationships were easy to overlook because they were more likely hug or touch in public. I'm still working on that one.

Recently there was the breaking news that Gays cause earthquakes. Wow I always thought it was down to plate tectonics. My high school geography teacher lied to me! No folks, I didn't cause the earthquake in England this week, even if Suggs does believe that I did it testing out my super powers. Trust me if I had to have a super power it wouldn't be earthquakes. Invisibility. Now we might be on to something. Mind you it's usually hormonal teenage boys that want that one for sneaking into women's changing rooms. I won't make the comment that is on the tip of my tongue. Still sometimes I'd like to be invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog