Monday 18 August 2008

Sheep.

Nothing like jumping on the communal band-wagon --->
I've had a haircut and when straightened it actually looks a lot like that. Without straighteners it looks like a bird's nest.

Anyway I've done nothing but read news on the net and watch the rain fall. All in all a very uneventful day. I don't even have anything to rant about, unless someone starts singing 'I kissed a girl' by Katy Perry.

Anyone think she's just out to annoy her parents? They are both pastors after all and they have said they don't like what she's doing. She's no more gay than I am straight. Now I've heard several stories along the lines of "when I was younger / drunk / questioning / combination of the above" and what brings up the red flag for me has to be the 'chapstick' line. Question how old was she when the alleged incident occurred? Because either she was very young (considering she's 23 now) OR it's one heck of a stereotypical image of a lesbian (use of which I would consider offensive). Or, you know, it never actually happened.

Lesbian magazine Diva's editor, Jane Czyzselska, says she's not homophobic but maybe just naive. Well OK I can buy into that, if her first song hadn't been called 'UR So Gay'. Aimed at her last boyfriend, 'UR So Gay' was basically a list of his failures and shortcomings. Use of the word gay to mean lame is considered to be un-politically correct. Not that it would make much difference to me but come on she has issues and she needs to deal with them without putting that pish on a CD.

Well I didn't mean that to turn into a rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog