Thursday 18 December 2008

Shopping With WardBunny

They say there are 2 kinds of shoppers in the world. Lets just refer to them by gender...
Female - Spends hours wandering around shops looking at everything and anything. May buy nothing or perhaps the thing that wasn't actually being looked for.
Male - Goes to one shop, buys the item required, goes home (perhaps via pub).
Now I'm not saying that you can't shop outside of your gender stereotype or for that matter refuse to confirm. I don't. I refer to myself as a power shopper.

I know what I'm looking for and I might as well go myself. This of course might have something to do with the minor fact of my favourite 3 shops being GameStation, Game and Waterstones; and my friend's favourites being clothes, clothes and shoes. I can't stand waiting around while someone else tries on 50 different outfits. It's at this point that I should point out that shops in Britain seem to come in 3 types; young and thin, middle-of-the-road, and out-sized. It's true, go look next time you're on the high street. I'm not thin enough for all these young and thin places (suppose I could get 2 and sew them together though), so I tend to shop in the middle-of-the-road places because I can afford them and they come in my size. Of course no-one my age would be caught in them but that's not the point. Also the out-sized places while they come in my size, cost an utter fortune and I don't have the cash for that.

I live in jeans (I'm not counting my uniform or PJs which I wear about 80% of the time).... I also mostly live in gaming t-shirts. Sometimes you might catch me all dressed up, never in a skirt mind (I've not worn a skirt on over 4 years). I have some very dyke-y outfits but I love them anyway and more importantly I love the looks people give me when they don't know but they outfit is making them wonder.

So yea, for the sake of your health don't come shopping with me. Even food shopping...

WHY when it's still a week before Christmas does everyone feel this incredible need to run other people over in the supermarkets? I was black and blue when I left Morrisons on Saturday. See I only need to shop for myself so I just go for the items I need. That's why I shop in the same place every week when I do have a choice (like I want to suffer ASDA). People go some kind of insane at this time of year when it comes to shopping. I mean really you do not have to run people over to get at that non-existent bargain. So how do people think that it is acceptable to do that? Seriously my ass is not that big that you can't go around it.

I still haven't bought any Christmas presents, for all those that keep asking at question. Don't plan on buying any till after Christmas. See in past years people called me a cheep-skate for that, buying presents in the January sales but with so many credit crunch sales happening now no-one will care. Besides I'm unlikely to see some people till after Christmas anyway. Stop asking already, if I am ready for Christmas. In past years I have spent WEEKS sorting everything for other people. This year I cannot be assed and do you know what, I don't think I'll be able to spot the difference!

P.S. If you ever find a red haired, big-boned, too-old-for-computer-games, scruffy dressed female sitting outside a changing room with a DS in her hands, spare a thought, it might just be me sitting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog