Sunday 12 October 2008

Memes (2 of 2)

Things women should do before they're 30

1. Hard boil an egg: Done, hate boiled eggs though!
2. Diplomatically tell Mum to butt-out: Seriously? A lifestyle like mine and you think I've not done that?
3. Ace a job interview: *pffft* Nope..... got my first job without an interview.... did manage to get into college
4. Ask a man out: Why the heck would I do that? I have though (went belly up of course!)
5. Send a thoughtful thank you note: Yes but it depends on who you are!
6. Listen to a friend in need: That's part of my job surely?
7. Ask for help: Oh dear god no.... at my lowest point I had to be dragged to the counselor and doc.
8. Effectively end an unhealthy relationship (romantic or platonic in nature): OK not been so good on this front.
9. Beautifully wrap a gift: Oh heck I can do this all the time! I rock at wrapping presents!
10. Say "no" gracefully: Sometimes..... not to food of course.
11. Whip up a great dinner with the five items in her fridge: Yes but only because I did a food shop today.
12. Forget pleasing him, by 30 a woman should be able to tell her man exactly how to please her Oh come on! If you don't know this minuet the get some 'alone time' and freaking find out!
13. Sew a button: Man I learned this in Brownies! I had my sewing badge you know!
14. Mix a kick-ass cocktail: Is it alcoholic? yes. Does it contain everything in the drinks cupboard? yes. Then it's a good cocktail.
15. Take off her bra without removing her shirt: Oh hell yea.... who can't do this?
16. Apply lip gloss in the dark: Yes but why in the dark or am I missing the point?
17. Balance her chequebook: I've not used my chequebook since I got it... oh 6 years ago. You don't really need them any more.
18. Create a budget: Again *piffft* budget what's that?
19. Find the best deal: Mostly usually when technology is involved.
20. Negotiate a salary and/or pay raise: Take what you are given and be happy with it!
21. Read a map: Totally!
22. Hail a cab: Phone out, call taxi company, get into taxi.........
23. Say something in French just for the hell of it: Uh yes but I'm not so good at it.....
24. Apologise when she's wrong: Sometimes.... least I know when I'm wrong.
25. Dress for her body type: Have to..... but mostly it's uniform and PJs.
26. Change a flat (or know whom to call to come change it): I can so change a tyre!
27. Spot a fake (handbag, diamond, potential friend...): In handbags: certainly. In some pieces of memorabilia from my specialities.
28. Feign interest: Oh god yea, that must be part of the job description.
29. Know what to tip on a $25 dinner bill: 20% - $5..... 10% - $2.50 or you know nothing cos your service was garbage........ (where was that $25 tab anyway?)
30. Hold a baby (Hey, someone you know is bound to have one sooner or later): Oh actually I'm quite good at this but no-one thinks I'm any good for some reason.

I meant to post this with the last one but got distracted with the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog