Monday 27 October 2008

Quotes and News

If a patient is cold,
if a patient is feverish,
if a patient is faint,
if he is sick after taking food,
if he has a bed-sore,
it is generally the fault not of the disease,
but of the nursing.
See old Florence talked sense occasionally. In fact she was at least 100 years before her time with this...
Bad sanitary, bad architectural, and bad administrative arrangements often make it impossible to nurse.
I don't think she'd notice any difference! Of course I think she might have been talking about little rooms and oddly shaped wards. Preferring those long wards with 2 rows of beds, to the more modern 4/6/8 bedded rooms and single side rooms. But hey the perennial problem of bad management seems to prevail like a crop of bad weeds.

Anyway, my last post was no good but it was true. I've had to cancel one of the shifts this week to make way for a dentist appointment. Since one of my few remaining lower molars is aching. So I get the joy of going to the dentist and I lose out on a shift! They won't let me do a back shift or anything. Poo.

I was going to comment on a news story I found but I'm tired and really it's not the most. interesting thing so I offer quotes and a little comment... and a toothache grumble.

3 comments:

Seratonin said...

Eww hope the dentist sorts it for you.

WardBunny said...

I just hope e doesn't take another one out. It's gonna be hard to eat with only on molar left on my bottom set!

Anonymous said...

Eehh.. I KNOW the feeling. Me and my dentist have this love-hate relationship.

Post a Comment

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog