What I meant by running IVs...
- Running fluids through giving sets
- Making up (under supervision) IV antibiotics
- Stopping / recording finishing time / taking down sets and disposal (with permission, dependant on nurse and placement area)
- Connecting and starting (under some supervision)
- Disconnecting fluids (not drugs / syringe drivers) so patient can go to bathroom
- Silencing Baxter pumps and correcting blockages
- Removal / disconnection / disposal (without permission because the fluids are finished)
- The prep of the next bag (without prompting)
Right I'm off for a nap..... I got 1 hour of sleep last night. I do have something to post later too honest!