Tuesday 4 March 2008

I Posted Just Too Soon

I made a comment about Beverly Allitt only 2 days ago. Without seeing the recent news stories about Colin Morris. The killer of 4 elderly patients and 1 attempted murder through insulin overdoses.
The first time I saw a TV show about insulin murder it was Murder, She Wrote and I was in high school. I didn't know then what I know now but it was almost untraceable. If it hadn't been for Jessica Fletcher, the killer would never have been caught. OK so Jessica Fletcher wasn't really there this time but he was caught.
Better questions to be asking ourselves are, Who hired this guy?, How did he get on the nursing course in the first place?, Why did no-one spot this sooner?
Surely the drugs would have been missed? Maybe not, it isn't like the units left are counted. Almost anyone could get on the course with the right answers and qualifications. If you can fool a lie-detector then you can fake responses in interviews. I proved that myself by being able to sound straight and hiding my true feelings for years.
But what drives a person to kill? How can anyone hurt another human being? The judge couldn't find a motive. Although it looks like he only wanted power over life and death. He seems to show no remorse, predicting the patient's deaths and making jokes about it.
The only good thing must be that he will never nurse again. But it's another nail in the coffin of the 'angels ' of nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog