Tuesday 1 July 2008

Overtime

OK so I worked like 15 minutes more than I needed too. But I took on someone else's clinic and it took forever to get finished.
I started in the upper GI tract and finished in the lower GI tract. Could be worse this morning I was getting urology confused with neurology. Especially when they are running in rooms beside each other and the patients were coming to us for bloods.
Yesterday was well yesterday. Sufficed to say that it turned a little off when I was talking to a patient's husband. In the last couple of years I've had some hellish things said to me. Aside from shouting, threats, the like, I've been told by a patient that she wanted to die. But the least pleasant to hear was 'I can't lose her, she's all I've got.'
Some days I wonder if I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog